Christmas Traditions

Hey peeps! What do you traditionally do for Christmas? Do you celebrate Christmas in a unique way that nobody else does? Or do you do something different every year? Please share some of your Christmas traditions! And don’t sweat it if you think your traditions are boring or something. I’d like to hear about them anyway!

My Christmas tradition is nothing huge or special, but I’ll go ahead and tell ya about it:
Usually, for Christmas, my immediate family and I (or just the bits of family that live in our house, which would be me, my mother, and my brother) sleep in until we feel like getting up, then we make our way down the stairs. We wait for everyone to come down before video-calling my oldest brother and his wife who live in a different part of the world than us. Then, we sort out the presents, taking turns opening them up while a fireplace and some quiet Christmas music plays on our TV (don’t have a real fireplace lol)! It’s always a ton of fun, and we like to chat about what we got afterward. After all that, we just kind of hang out, cook a little, and watch Christmas and/or Christian movies unless we have other plans for the day.

My family plays Stille Nacht by Mannheim Steamroller on Christmas Eve night.

Man that song is great.

My family does Christmas decorating together, we bake and decorate gingerbread cookies even though none of us really like them (my mom notoriously makes “pretty” ones but not very well and I continue to frustrate her with my Calvin’s snowman-esque monstrosities), and every week during Advent we do a little mini-church service with the family that also involves exchanging a tiny present each week!

My family used to go to a candlelight service on Christmas Eve and either open one present or our stockings before we went to bed!

In the morning we’d have a brunch of cinnamon rolls and this egg & sausage bake that my mom makes. Then we’d open presents. At dinner we’d have prime rib and Yorkshire pudding.

This year, with my brother and me grown up, we’re just doing brunch before I have to go to work.

Aw, you have to work on Christmas? That’s a shame xd hope you enjoyed Christmas this year! <3