Has there ever been any really enraging moments in games that you've had?

You might be thinking of Metal Gear Solid 2?

facepalm

I thought you were talking about that one, out of the entire series I’ve never played the original Metal Gear games XD

I’ve found that luck-based losses are the most infuriating thing I’ve encountered in actual gameplay. Dying due to an unlucky cascade in Puzzle Quest or Gems of War, for example. This sort of thing hasn’t made me rage quit in years, though.

Outside of gameplay, there’s finding out that I permanently missed collecting something and therefore can no longer 100% complete the game. This mostly happens in JRPGs, though I still can’t forgive myself for buying the Day 1 edition of Dragon Quest Builders and forgetting to redeem the extra content until after the expiration date.

The big one for me is when you get hit with three blue shells, a red shell and a lightning bolt right before the finish line and you drop from first to last place.

CURSE YOU, MARIO KART!

(But not really, it’s still a fun game)

At least Mario Kart 8 introduced a counter to blue shells that 1st place drivers can get sometimes! It sure beats the nonstop bananas and green shells and nothing else.

It did? What was that? I’ve not heard of that.

It’s the horn! Looks kinda like a red box. When you activate it it destroys all items within a small radius of you, and doesn’t hurt other drivers. It’s basically a really weak defensive item that’s not even as good as trailing a banana around you, with the noteworthy exception that it can even destroy a blue shell.

Ooh. Neat!

Pretty much my whole experience playing through Acme Arsenal for the wii. It’s a Looney Tunes game with terrible motion controls that’s a grind. Fighting with a melee weapon will give you a much better arm workout than Wii Fit ever could. Sometimes you need to attack in the middle of a jump to make it across, but the unreliable motion controls make it difficult. On one of the final levels, you’re standing on a box as robots hanging from a conveyor belt knock you off if you don’t dodge them just right. A few of the levels are pretty fun though. I really like the short one where you’re playing Foghorn Leghorn fighting robots in World War 1.