New Infrastructure Bill Passed

What do you think? I’m pretty pleased that it passed. I’m pleased not only with some bipartisanship, but significant improvement. More passenger rail funding. More public transit funding. Even ferry funding. Bridges that are in serious need of fixing can be fixed.

What are some of the big highlights of what was included? What about things that weren’t included?

This is from Forbes, but shortened. Everything In The $1 Trillion Infrastructure Bill: New Roads, Electric School Buses, Great Lakes Restoration And More

Roads and bridges: roughly $110 billion of new funds would go toward improving the nation’s roads and bridges, and investments in other major transportation programs.

Public transit: $39 billion to modernize systems

Amtrak: $66 billion earmarked for high-speed rail, safety improvements, Amtrak grants and to modernize the rail route connecting Washington, D.C., to Boston

Broadband internet: $65 billion to bolster the country’s broadband infrastructure and help ensure every American has access to high-speed internet, with one in four households expected to be eligible for a $30-per-month subsidy to pay for internet.

Electric grid: $65 billion investment will help upgrade the nation’s electricity grid, with thousands of miles of new transmission lines and funds for environmentally friendly smart-grid technology.

Electric cars, buses and ferries: $7.5 billion for the nation’s first network of electric-vehicle chargers along highway corridors, $5 billion for zero-emission buses (including thousands of electric school buses) and $2.5 billion for ferries.

Clean drinking water: $55 billion to replace all the nation’s lead pipes and service lines

Great rivers and lakes: $48 billion for water infrastructure improvements

Airports: More than $25 billion has been allocated to help modernize America’s airports

Road safety: $11 billion in transportation safety programs

Build Back Better is separate and we’ll see what happens with that.

I added up the numbers in the hilights, and it only came to $517 Billion. Where is the rest going? :face_with_monocle:

I believe the rest is funding existing government projects.

That would make sense. That’s still a challenge with big spending projects; it’s easy for things to get under the radar.