On Vegetarianism, etc

I encountered this verse in my Bible today about people who “eat only vegetables” (Romans 14:3):

The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them.

The context of this verse seems to be referring to those who have faith to break the dietary laws of the Old Testament, and those who, in fear, still cling to them. Paul doesn’t say “screw those people who don’t realize it’s okay.” He says that they should still be treated with respect. I feel like a lot of the time people look down on vegetarians when they view their dietary restrictions unnecessary. But we can’t do that, and I would argue Paul would agree. He continues, “Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. As they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.”

I’m of the belief that even when people take moral stands that are unnecessary, unless they’re harmful (for example, against vaccination) or they try to push them on others (especially through the force of law), then they should be respected and people shouldn’t seek to undermine those stands.