Share your favorite game music!

Do you have a favorite background theme or even a boss theme from a video game? Share here!

One of my personal favorites is from Dragalia due to how chaotic sounding it is by nature.

Ah man, I have a lot! But a lot of them are really commonplace ones. Gusty Garden Galaxy? One-Winged Angel?

But one favorite of mine that isn’t talked much is the score of the Phantasy Star Online series. These two boss battle themes are favorites of mine!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jUvh-faBag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ6ZW5wv13A

oooh here’s another one I really love, from Kingdom Hearts. The song is “The Encounter”, probably one of my favorite boss themes I’ve heard to date.

Reason I’m sharing this is because of the context of it, especially the boss fight with Scar. The boss theme was perfectly executed on this IMO.

So I quite like Final Destination from Super Smash Bros. Melee. Let’s just say this piece shows that Hirokazu Ando had classical training.

I didn’t actually know that! That’s really cool.

Super Smash Bros. just has amazing music across the board, really. New music and remixes of old music alike.

The Super Smash Bros. Brawl main theme gave me chills when I first heard it.

Interesting – that is not the kind of music I would have expected for a Smash Bros. theme.

There are a lot of Smash remixes I’ve heard and liked – I’m going to assume remixes count – but I think the one that stands out to me the most is the Underwater Theme from Super Mario Bros. You go snoothly from nostalgic 8-bit, to full orchestra, to country (which suits it surprisingly well). I do wish there was a fulle rorchestral rendition of it, though!

And well, nothing says we can’t post popular stuff. : p

One-Winged Angel

This probably is my most favourite piece of music, ever, so I’mma post it even though I agree it is over-hyped.

And this, the original, remains my favourite version. I’ve heard a fair number of good remixes, both fan-made and official; but none of them have the nuances that this does.

And finally, one of my favourite tracks from Soul Calibur III, Water Dance, the stage theme for Xianghua. Graceful and elegant, perfectly matching the Chinese garden the stage is set in and Xianghua’s fencing (she fights with a jian).

Growing up my family had a wii and mostly licensed games. Looking back, we were fortunate that most of them were good ones. Most of these games (and their soundtracks) were way better than they had any right to be.
Barnyard: The Videogame
Here’s an excellent dance remix of a song some of y’all might recognize: Barnyard Game Soundtrack - Whack-a-Rac Mini Game / Party - YouTube The game’s versions of this song didn’t have the lyrics with the adult subtext, so I was disappointed in the movie version when I finally saw it as an adult.

This one’s good, but it stresses me out because the minigame was hard. Barnyard Game Soundtrack - Golf Mini-Game - YouTube

{Ultimate I Spy} Paper City {BGM} - YouTube This one’s pretty good too, but it might be nostalgia talking.

Cars: The Videogame has an awesome soundtrack, about half the songs are rock and the other half bluegrass. Some of the songs have both a rock version and a bluegrass version. There’s a couple bluegrass ones that are really good for just chilling. Cars video game - Radiator Springs at Night - YouTube
Cars video game - Night, Darlin' - YouTube
The Cars 2 game has a really good song too. Cars 2 Game Soundtrack - Radiator Springs Hunter - YouTube
The Barnyard and Cars games were really my first exposure to bluegrass music and I’ve been hooked ever since.