The Gift of Christ

I know this intellectually. But every once in a while it just really hits emotionally. Today was one of those days. It’s just… astounding to me that God–a perfect, omniscient, omnipotent being–condescended to live a life as a mortal being, and not even into a life of wealth or comfort. He did so, to be sacrificed in the prime of His life–younger than I am now–in the most excruciating and cruel way imaginable. And He did so for me. Of all the gifts that are given on Christmas, the most amazing gift is the one that Jesus gives to all of us: He literally gives Himself to each and every one of us. And He doesn’t ask us to repay Him (as if we ever could). Instead, He simply asks us to love Him and to love others. We show our love for Him by keeping His commandments, and we show our love for others by serving them as best we can. It’s not always easy. But something about this season rejuvenates the soul, making such acts of faith and service come more naturally.

I’m grateful to my God for giving Himself to each and every one of us. And I’m grateful to all of you for enriching my life, for the ways you’ve served me and also for giving me the opportunity to serve you in turn in whatever small ways I can.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas! I hope it brings you much warmth and happiness! :blush::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Merry Christmas! God bless you.

We hear about this all the time in church, from each other, etc., but it’s really nice to just step back and think about just how much it means!

Mery Christmas (Eve) to you too!