Has there ever been any really enraging moments in games that you've had?

I don’t think I know a single person that could ever legit beat Sans, not even I could XD.

Yes, but I’m really only remembering times in the past.

First of all, it sounds really annoying that you have to deal with a gameplay style switch that demands perfection or else. That isn’t very fun.

I’ve gotten enraged before in games. When I was younger, I remember that I pretty much flipped out at the Frankenstein boss in Glover, because I was attempting to do it in a way that probably is impossible–I probably was supposed to do it a different way. I also remember the gravity blocks puzzle at the end of Crazy Gadget in Sonic Adventure 2. Let’s just say, the Sonic stages are meant to be action and platforming, but much like you found with Drakengard 3, the frustrating part was at the gameplay style switch.

Interestingly enough, there are actually two solutions to the puzzle, one of which is probably not intentional. I let myself get too upset, but the Internet helped me find the easier, unintentional solution.

And I’ll just say, I do like puzzle games, but a difficult puzzle on a game and even stage that’s primarily platforming, really doesn’t work.

A lot of people who are really into shoot-em-up games probably have the reflexes to pull that off.

BLEGHHHHHHHHH. I remember both that boss in Glover and Crazy Gadget (although in Glover for me it was actually figuring out how the heck the final boss worked which kind of got on my nerves >_<). It was thanks to Crazy Gadget though that I couldn’t complete Sonic Adventure 2 for years, then one day my friend showed me how to PROPERLY clear the stage, and here I find out that the way I’ve been clearing the Tetris block part was not the intended way of doing it XD

Oh yeah I’m sure Sleet. I COULD beat Undyne the Undying on Genocide, I actually had a lot of fun with that fight because it tested my reflexes out to the max. But fighting Sans is just on another plane entirely >_<

Oh man, I haven’t thought of Glover in years.

That game was fun! I have no idea how good it was in retrospect or if I just had no taste because I was a child. But I always thought some of the worlds had a bizarre majesty to them.

Do you remember the Carnival world Sleet? I remember having so much fun playing through that ^^

I do! :smiley: That one was really fun!

2 posts were split to a new topic: What is your favorite retro games?

the Hind-D in Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake.
and the boss that kept on running around in Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
and the swamp maze in Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
and… maybe I’m just bad at Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake

The Hind-D I think was in the first game, do you mean the Harrier boss instead?

The boss that always runs around… Fatman, yeah honestly he’s the biggest pain in the neck in that game >_<

I do not recall any swamp maze in that game though.

You might be thinking of Metal Gear Solid 2?

facepalm

I thought you were talking about that one, out of the entire series I’ve never played the original Metal Gear games XD

I’ve found that luck-based losses are the most infuriating thing I’ve encountered in actual gameplay. Dying due to an unlucky cascade in Puzzle Quest or Gems of War, for example. This sort of thing hasn’t made me rage quit in years, though.

Outside of gameplay, there’s finding out that I permanently missed collecting something and therefore can no longer 100% complete the game. This mostly happens in JRPGs, though I still can’t forgive myself for buying the Day 1 edition of Dragon Quest Builders and forgetting to redeem the extra content until after the expiration date.

The big one for me is when you get hit with three blue shells, a red shell and a lightning bolt right before the finish line and you drop from first to last place.

CURSE YOU, MARIO KART!

(But not really, it’s still a fun game)

At least Mario Kart 8 introduced a counter to blue shells that 1st place drivers can get sometimes! It sure beats the nonstop bananas and green shells and nothing else.

It did? What was that? I’ve not heard of that.

It’s the horn! Looks kinda like a red box. When you activate it it destroys all items within a small radius of you, and doesn’t hurt other drivers. It’s basically a really weak defensive item that’s not even as good as trailing a banana around you, with the noteworthy exception that it can even destroy a blue shell.

Ooh. Neat!

Pretty much my whole experience playing through Acme Arsenal for the wii. It’s a Looney Tunes game with terrible motion controls that’s a grind. Fighting with a melee weapon will give you a much better arm workout than Wii Fit ever could. Sometimes you need to attack in the middle of a jump to make it across, but the unreliable motion controls make it difficult. On one of the final levels, you’re standing on a box as robots hanging from a conveyor belt knock you off if you don’t dodge them just right. A few of the levels are pretty fun though. I really like the short one where you’re playing Foghorn Leghorn fighting robots in World War 1.