Joys and Sorrows

We want to know what’s going on in your life! Post your news here, be it good or bad!

I’ll go first!

Joy: Got myself a new job! I’ll be a tour guide at a nature park, teaching tourists all about Tasmanian Devils and kangaroos and birds and plants, and of course, feeding and caring for the animals! It’ll be heaps of fun and pays way better than my current retail job! I can’t wait to start in 4 weeks time!

Oh wow! That sounds like so much fun, I’d love to be a park ranger or a tour a guide for a nature park like you!
For me,
Joys: I’m looking at paint swatches for the walls of my room! Excited about finally giving it the aesthetic I’ve wanted for it for so long. It’s just been made up of all the old things I’ve had since I was a baby, and hand-me-downs from my older siblings, so it’s pretty ugly right now lol.
Sorrows: I’m going back to school tomorrow. I’ve been doing virtual school this whole time, but I’m going in person this year. It will be my first time going in real life for middle school, and I’m really stressed out about it.

Joy: Tom and I finally live close enough we can visit each other without it being a huge production!
Sorrow: My apartment complex snuck lots of money away from me through technicalities and it’s really frustrating. >.<

I have a big heckin’ sorrow.

Yesterday I got a bill in the mail from Denver Health Ambulance, who took me to the hospital after my work injury a month and a half ago. I owe all $1900 of it because neither my health insurance nor worker’s comp paid anything. I also owe UCHealth a remaining balance of about $1100 for the ER stay.

Guess I’ll go pick up extra shifts at work for the next couple months. Just because I slipped and fell in the snow. I should have just driven myself to the hospital instead.

I could either pay both off right now with my airline credit card and just work more to pay that down, or try to crowdfund like the last time I went to the hospital.

Update: My worker’s comp rep called me back saying she never received anything from either UCHealth or Denver Health so I emailed her the results and billing statements. She reassured me that worker’s comp will pay for everything once it’s all processed. :relieved:

1 Like

That’s a joy if I ever heard one!

Sorrow: My grandmother passed away last night aged 93.

Joy: She’s now free of the effects of her late-stage dementia, the debilitating stroke she had a few months ago, and the other serious health issues she’s been battling for the past few years. No more pain or suffering.

Lord, grant her eternal rest, and let perpetual light shine upon her.

A couple days ago I went to get some lights fixed on my car, plus an oil change and a tire rotation.

But since then the alignment has been really off and my low tire pressure light keeps coming on even though the tire pressure is fine. The earliest I can take it in is tomorrow at 2pm so I’m trying to get half of that day’s shift off.

I don’t need this right now. I’m stressed out enough and I don’t want to let it consume me while I’m at work.

I hate having anxiety and stuff. Kinda wishing I were better off unalive.

Work went OK enough to distract me for much of my shift, but driving home was a heckin nightmare. Same stuff. Something definitely looks wrong with my back wheels being too low or something?

Hopefully I’ll get a message back either from the Subaru dealership I got it serviced at or the repair shop in my neighborhood. Either way my Bad Brain Day is continuing.