👋 The Introduction Thread

Hello everyone! Peace be with you! My fursona name is Kiev Cannoli, also known as Kiev the Deer or just Kiev for short. I’m a cisgender bisexual man and I have been a Christian for the majority of my life. I was baptized and confirmed into the Catholic Church at the age of 17, which is the denomination I currently most identify and associate with. I am, however, currently researching and exploring other denominations as well. I would describe my theology as largely progressive, though I deeply resonate with and prefer traditional and/or ancient styles of worship and devotional practices.

I first discovered the furry fandom shortly after joining the brony fandom in 2012 (which I left in 2016). Furries seemed very appealing to me, though it didn’t feel right at the time. I lurked on and off until 2018 when I decided to join the fandom and create my fursona.

My hobbies include video games, tabletop games, watching movies and T.V. shows (especially all kinds of animation), reading, tea, baking, and trying new things.

2 Likes

Welcome to FFC, deer friend! :green_heart:

Thank you for the warm welcome, Ian! I look forward to exploring and becoming involved in the FCC community.

1 Like

Heya, welcome! Welcome to the forum! Glad to have more furry siblings in Christ!

I always used to say bronies are just single-target furries. I kinda went the opposite way. I was already a furry when that show came out, and I got to witness it explode in real time!

Welcome! Good to have you!

Hello everyone. I’m Pax, a Formosan Mountain Dog. I’m mid-30’s, male, Texan, LGBTQ, and work in health tech.

I’ve spent most of my life in ethnic evangelical churches, but recently transitioned to a non-denominational post-evangelical church.

My hobbies/interests include long distance running, guitar, my dog, Fyodor, audiobooks/podcasts, hiking, trail running, and spending time with friends and family.

I started exploring the furry fandom about two years ago but have always stayed on the periphery. I’ve on very recently created a fursona (finally).

I look forward to meeting more furry friends, exploring the fandom more deeply, and maybe even go to a con one day.

1 Like

Welcome, glad to have you here!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum as well! I’m glad you found the fandom! :3 It’s good to have more of us!

1 Like

Welcome!
What’s post-evangelical? I’ve heard of evangelical but haven’t heard of post.

1 Like

Hi there Furrhan. Well, it’s a good question. It’s a bit hard to define precisely, not unlike the term “evangelical” itself. I think David Gushee does a decent job talking about it here:

My experience so far with this church is that it resembles conservative evangelical churches in some ways (creedal affirmations, worship style, service structure, etc.) but not in others (views on LGBTQ issues, race, hermeneutics, etc.)

1 Like

Sounds interesting! It’s nice to see more churches and denominations becoming more supportive of LGBTQ+ folks!

1 Like

I think it’s nice when churches can look into things they’ve missed the mark on and reevaluate, without throwing away what made their church special!

1 Like